Finding journal articles
How do I find journal articles relating to a subject?
There are a number of ways you can find journal articles relating to a subject:
- Use OneSearch to search across a large range of journal databases and online indexes.
- Type in keywords on your topic
- You can refine your list of results using the Modify my results panel by choosing to see:
- Peer-reviewed Articles (under the heading: Availability) or
- Articles (under the heading: Resource Type)
- You can search within subject-specific databases. Use the Databases link in the OneSearch top bar to browse through a list of databases by subject.
- If you are using Google Scholar, set up UWA full text access by going to Settings > Library Links > select University of Western Australia Library – Find it @UWA. When searching Google Scholar, click Find It@UWA for direct access to PDFs.
- Add the LibKey Nomad browser extension (in Chrome or Firefox) to access full text PDFs when browsing databases. Select University of Western Australia when prompted. If full text is available via UWA, a Download PDF button will pop up.
OneSearch search tips can be viewed on the Using OneSearch page.
If you need further assistance, please visit an Information Desk at any of the libraries or Email Us.