COVID-19 Vaccination and Mask requirements for all attending graduands and guests at December 2022 Graduation ceremonies
Answer ID 3415 | Last updated on 09/01/2023 09.34 AM
From Saturday 7 May 2022 there will no longer be a requirement for staff, students or visitors to show proof of full vaccination to enter indoor University premises.
The University complies with WA State Government directions on mask wearing. Under current baseline public health conditions, masks will not be compulsory for attending graduands and/or guests, however a mask may be worn if the individual prefers. This is subject to change based on WA State Government directions.
The UWA Graduations Committee are continuing to closely monitor the situation and have contingency plans ready to be implemented if restrictions change.
Public health protocols - The following COVID protocols are in place for the ceremonies:
- The welcome address from the Chair of Academic Board will remind all guests to maintain respiratory and hand hygiene
- Hand sanitiser will be available at entry and at food service points in the reception marquee
- High touch surfaces and restrooms will be regularly cleaned
- Spare masks will be available at entry points
- Graduands will not shake hands with the Chancellor (this has been in place since COVID started)
- Anyone feeling unwell should not attend