John Monash Scholarship - Eligibility and Criteria
Who can apply
To be eligible to apply for a John Monash Scholarship you must:
- Be an Australian Citizen;
- Have completed or be about to complete an degree from an Australian University, and;
- Be planning to undertake postgraduate study at an overseas university commencing in the calendar year following the year of application and selection; it is not necessary to have already been accepted to the institution at the time of applying.
The Scholarships support any postgraduate degree however the Applicant must be able to argue the merits of the chosen course and institution. The Foundation encourages applicants to look beyond the ‘big name’ Universities and explore where dynamic, innovative work is being done in their field. You should select an institution and degree based on it being the best place in the world for your desired impact.
In awarding John Monash Scholarships, factors considered include:
- Excellence in the candidate’s field of expertise – Usually a university degree obtained with outstanding results, but can also be demonstrated through prizes, awards, publications, performance, exhibitions and professional endeavours;
- Leadership – Candidates should demonstrate leadership experience or potential in the field of study, professional environment and/or the community;
- Research project or study program – Specific, well-developed case for support for the candidate’s study at the best overseas university in their field. It is not necessary to have been accepted at the institution at the time of applying for the Scholarship;
- Proposed career pathway– Candidates must present a credible pathway, addressing an issue the applicant is passionate about, and which will be of benefit to Australia; and
- 3 references: outlining the applicants abilities and endorsing the proposed course of study - these may be any combination of academic, personal and professional.
Applications will close 14th July 11.59pm AEST
Completed applications including referees must be submitted prior to closing