About the scholarship
Applicable study: To assist high-achieving, eligible students with the cost of accommodation at UWA Univeristy Hall while undertaking undergraduate studies at the University.
Closing date: 27 January 2020, 10am
Tenure: The scholarship guarantees a room at University Hall for the first academic year and assists in covering a full semester's rent.
For: Assistance with accommodation
Number on offer: 1
Value: $7,300 each
Created to honour the memory of the late Ralph Pervan, a much loved member of University Hall who worked to promote social unity. Each year University Hall seeks to support rural Western Australian students moving to UWA by offering the Ralph Pervan Scholarship.
- You must be a student who has completed Year 12 at a secondary school in rural Western Australia within the last 2 years. Rural is defined by living within one of the nine regional areas in Western Australia: Gascoyne, Goldfields-Esperance, Great Southern, Kimberley, Mid-West, Peel, Pilbara, Wheatbelt and South West.
- This scholarship aims to recognise the ‘all round’ achievement of a student prior to coming to university and is the understanding of University Hall that such students will continue to engage in opportunities that seek continual personal growth and contribution to their community and University Hall. Accordingly the following criteria must be evident throughout the application:
- Demonstrated holistic involvement and engagement in life of school and in community across a number of areas including but not limited to sport, arts and culture, community service/volunteering, etc.
- Demonstrated academic standing, good citizenship and leadership qualities.
- A willingness to contribute and be involved with the University Hall community.
- Contact University Hall on firstname.lastname@example.org for application form.
- Complete application and attach any relevant documents that may support your submission.
- Email application and documents to email@example.com with the subject line being ‘Ralph Pervan Scholarship’.
- Closing date of application: 10.00am on Monday, February 11, 2019.
- University Hall Scholarships website
Help and support
You can find answers to your questions about coursework scholarships and prizes on the University's online help askUWA.
Every effort has been made to ensure the information we have supplied is correct and up to date. However we strongly advise that you check the scholarship conditions you are applying for and any other information that is available, to ensure you meet the eligibility criteria for any application you might make, and that you understand the implications of any conditions, awarding value and closing dates.