UWA campus parking if you have a disability

I have a disability. Can I park on campus?

Answer ID 294 | Last updated on 15/11/2022 08.11 AM

If you have an ACROD sticker or a UWA Accessible parking permit you may park in a designated accessible parking bay.

A vehicle may only park in an Accessible bay with an ACROD sticker or UWA Accessible parking permit.  A short term permit for use in Accessible bays may be issued in the case of illness or injury on presentation of an Authorisation Letter:
•     In the case of staff, the University Safety and Health Senior Occupational Therapist must approve staff applications.
•     In the case of students, the University Disabilities Officer must approve all applications for a short term disabled Parking Authority Permit.

There are Accessible bays in car parks 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 9, 15, 16, 18, 19, 22, 30, 31, 34, 37, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 and 45.
If there are no vacant Accessible Bays, Accessible parking permit holders may park in any vacant Red staff or Yellow student parking permit area. Accessible parking permit holders who park in Long or Short Term Pay and Display areas must purchase and display a ticket from the vending machine. You are permitted to park for twice the period show on the ticket.

Note: The University of Western Australia Accessible parking permits are not valid for use in Accessible bays located outside the University grounds.

Was this answer helpful?