Formally reporting an incident or complaint

I want to make a formal report about some concerning behaviour I witnessed on campus. Should I lodge an incident report with UWA Security or a complaint with the Complaints Resolution Unit?

Security concerns should be reported to UWA Security and these are primarily safety concerns involving:

  • suicide or self-harm.
  • physical violence towards others.
  • alleged criminal acts including: assault, domestic violence, stalking.
  • mental health effects.
  • missing persons.
  • bomb or phone threat 
  • suspicious person / activity.

All other matters should be raised through informal and formal processes which may involve lodging a complaint with the Complaint Resolution Unit (CRU).

UWA Security and the CRU work in collaboration and may share information to ensure a safe community for all, while respecting an individual’s right to privacy.

Was this answer helpful?