Transfer of medical records to another practice

How do I get my medical records transferred to another practice?

Answer ID 2629 | Last updated on 07/02/2022 01.14 PM

Once you have graduated you are encouraged to find a GP in your community.

Once you have found a GP ask them for a transfer of medical records form. This form gives us authority to release your confidential medical information to another medical practice. The GP practice usually faxes or mails us this request. On receipt of this form we usually process the request immediately.

Similarly with transfer of any notes from other practices to the UWA Medical Centre, please ask us for an authority form to request that your medical notes be transferred to us.

Was this answer helpful?