Making a complaint at UWA

How do I make a complaint at UWA?

Answer ID 2508 | Last updated on 22/03/2022 09.00 AM

Stage 1 - Informal resolution
A complaint may be made and responded to in-person, via telephone, in writing via e-mail, or via Stage 1 Responsible Officers. No forms are required for this stage.

If you feel you are unable to approach the person directly or the Stage 1 process has been unsatisfactory, continue to:

Stage 2 - Formal resolution
A complaint must be submitted to the Integrity and Standards Unit (ISU) using the online public form. UWA staff are available to assist if you need help, for example, if you are distressed at the time of making the complaint. The ISU will refer eligible complaints to the Stage 2 Responsible Officer.

If you require any further information relating to the process please contact the ISU.

Appealing a decision
Should you wish to appeal a Stage 2 complaint outcome, please submit your appeal to the Complaint Resolution Unit using the Appeal Submission Form which can be downloaded from the University Policy on: Student Complaint Resolution.

Professionally trained Student Guild Assist Officers are also available to receive complaints and offer advice about quality of service or education, or staff actions and behaviour.

Was this answer helpful?