UWA Campus Card
What is a UWA Campus Card and what can I use it for?
Your UWA Campus Card (student, staff or visitor card) is a multi-purpose smartcard.
On the front of your card your full legal name, UWA ID number, library barcode and photo are displayed. The chip inside your campus card does not store any personal information.
You can use your card for a range of things:
- Electronic access to buildings
Staff: your building access is activated when you make personal application to a School/Centre’s Administration Officer.
Students: your building access is linked to your enrolment for the semester, and is automatic. However, you may need to visit your School if you need special access to a lab or study room.
- Payment for printing and copying (it cannot be used to pay for other thing on campus or Transperth fares)
- Library borrowing and electronic database access
- Identification on UWA premises
- Proof of identification for examinations
- Indicate full or part-time enrolment status to verify access to concessions (if applicable)
- Access Guild discounts (if applicable)
- Verify your concession status for purchase of SmartRider (if applicable). Full-time students can access concession fares by registering their smartrider on studentConnect. You can purchase a Tertiary SmartRider from the UWA Guild Secondhand Bookshop.